Are you owed child support? Is your former spouse behind in alimony payments? Is the mother of your children denying you your court ordered visits with your children? Is your former spouse refusing to provide you with health insurance as the court ordered? If any of these circumstances apply to you, a family law attorney from The Law Office of Hans R. Hailey can help by filing a contempt action.

What is a Contempt Action?

A contempt action is used to enforce clear, unequivocal court orders which are being willfully disregarded. A contempt action is the means by which we help you enforce the other party's compliance with the court order.

If the court's orders are not being followed, the court has all the tools available to it to enforce compliance.

  • The court can change custody or visitation arrangements, or
  • It could order counseling for one or both of the parties.
  • It might also involve jail time.
  • If the other party is found guilty of contempt, the law presumes that you are entitled to attorney fees

When you need to take action against a person in contempt, contact us today.

How Can a Family Law Attorney Help?

A family law attorney can help you fight for justice for you and your children in court against someone who is failing to comply with court orders, such as by by not paying child support. Our family law attorneys at The Law Office of Hans R. Hailey can calculate how much is due to you and represent you through every step of the process.

One benefit of having a child support lawyer working for you is that, if found guilty, they might also be ordered to pay part or all of your attorney's fees and expenses.

Fight for Justice With the Help of a Family Law Attorney

The Law Office of Hans R. Hailey can help you file and litigate a contempt action against a non-complying person. Contact us today to get started.

Call (617) 571-7200 for a consultation with an experienced family law attorney.  The initial consultation is free.